Mead Rd Mardi Gras is a volunteer-run organization that relies on the support of leadership volunteers throughout the year as well as community volunteers on the day of the parade. There are several ways you can get involved!
- Come to the parade as a spectator: The more the merrier! Wear your purple, green, and gold and costumes. Stay for the party at the end.
- Create a Krewe and march in the parade: Build a float on top of a wagon or bike or ride in your Mad Ave Derby car. The more creative the better! Sign up here.
- If you attend a City of Decatur school, join your school's krewe to march in the parade: Each school usually participates with their own krewe. It's free to participate! Reach out to your school for details.
- Volunteer to help out during the parade: We need volunteer judges, people to check in our krewe's at FAVE, crowd controllers at The Imperial, set up, tear down, and all the in between jobs. Fill out our contact form to lend a hand.
- Reach out to get involved behind the scenes during the rest of the year: Want to help us organize for next year? So do we! Reach out through our contact form and let us know.
- Donate or become a sponsor: All of our proceeds fund Decatur Education Foundation grants for music and arts in City of Decatur schools! Find more info on sponsorship here.
Volunteer With Us!